Monday, July 2, 2012

Dish Art and Daisies


Welcome to another installment of my adventures with my Mom.  Four nights of visit provided a month’s worth of blog topics, but none with as good of photos as these.  (I admit it- I have a weakness for flowers.)

Last Sunday, we went over to the Missouri Botanical Gardens to enjoy the flowers and check out the Chinese Lantern Festival.  Sadly we got there in the middle of the afternoon and only had about two hours to walk around; this was not nearly enough time. 

The gardens are sprawlingly beautiful, with a variety of different formats, several conservatories, and beautiful fountains and sculptures.  Much of our time was spent in the rainforest-like Climatron, one of the conservatories.  It was hard to walk more than a couple of feet without finding another beautiful flower or scenic spot.

The Lantern Festival, which is set-up for the summer, had a mixture of different displays throughout the garden.  Mom’s favorite, and the most intriguing, display was two giant dragons built entirely out of china- hundreds of plates, spoons, and cups. 

I can’t wait for my next trip to the gardens, and hopefully, I’ll have another friend to share it with (or the same one- Mom, you can visit anytime).











 

No comments:

Post a Comment